Offering Knowledgeable Guidance In Both Straightforward And Complex Cases
At Shaughnessy Law, we understand that family law touches the very heart of your life.
Our lawyers provide support and experience, and respect your needs and goals as well as your financial concerns. We will work with you personally, and explain your rights, obligations, and options fully before helping you choose the best course of action.
Although we are skilled and passionate litigators, we believe that many painful conflicts can be resolved through strong negotiation or mediation focused on finding productive solutions and maintaining cooperative relationships. This is especially important when both parties have to continue to deal with one another post-separation, as co-parents generally do. It can also be far less expensive than going to court.
Cooperation is not always possible, especially in very complicated cases, or cases that involve any kind of violence. As a team whose attorneys have backgrounds in prosecution as well as lengthy experience in the courts, we will actively fight for your rights and your future.
Dedicated To Helping Brandon’s Families
Our services include:
- Uncontested divorce: We can help you settle all issues that must be settled so that your divorce can proceed in as little as 30 days.
- Military divorce: Many of our clients are in the military or married to military members; their divorces have certain unique features. Our lengthy experience in this field can be invaluable to you.
- Child-related issues: We help you put your children first, and settle issues such as where your children will live and who will have the responsibility (called parenting plans, parental responsibility and time-sharing in Florida, though often our clients use terms like custody and visitation as well).
- Property division: Florida law assumes that property should be distributed equitably, though considerations will be made for each spouse’s economic circumstances, contribution to the marriage and the needs of the children.
- Alimony and child support: Alimony is not guaranteed, and depends on factors such as the length of your marriage and each spouse’s earning power. Child support is determined through a simple formula that takes into account time-sharing arrangements (also referred to as custody by clients) and the incomes of both parents.
- Modifications and enforcement: Divorce is often not the end of the story. Often, partners need help modifying agreements as their family’s needs change or enforcing current agreements if the other spouse is uncooperative.
Contact Shaughnessy Law
Call us at 813-445-8439 or fill out our form to set up an appointment. Our firm serves clients in Brandon, Florida, and surrounding areas.